Heart arrhythmia specialists in Wichita
Wesley Care Physicians medical group is home to a skilled, multispecialty team who provides excellent heart care, including advanced treatment for heart arrhythmias. Our electrophysiology (EP) team consists of cardiologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and technicians who concentrate their efforts on diagnosing and treating abnormal heartbeats.
For more information on heart arrhythmia treatment, schedule an appointment with our electrophysiologists.
What is heart arrhythmia?
Your heart uses nerve cells that conduct electricity with each heartbeat. Sometimes, this electrical conduction goes awry, causing irregular heartbeats, also known as arrhythmias. Electrophysiology (EP) studies and procedures are often used to treat arrhythmias.
Heart arrhythmia symptoms
If you have been experiencing symptoms of a heart rhythm disorder, it is important to notify and schedule an appointment with your primary care provider as soon as possible. Heart arrhythmia symptoms include:
- Chest pressure and sudden cardiac arrest
- Lightheadedness and/or fainting
- Shortness of breath
How to test for heart arrhythmia
There are a variety of diagnostic tests that are used to diagnose heart arrhythmias. Common tests that are performed include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electrophysiology study (EP study)
- Event recorders
- Holter monitor
- Tilt table testing
Advanced heart arrhythmia treatment
When more advanced procedures are necessary to treat heart arrhythmias, our team of electrophysiologists specializes in the following procedures:
- Ablation — Restores normal heart rhythm when medication is not effective.
- Defibrillator therapy — Devices that restore the heart to a normal beat
- Pacemaker implantation — A device implanted in the chest to regulate the heartbeat
- Pulmonary vein isolation — Creates tiny scars on the heart to restore a normal heartbeat
- Resynchronization therapy — A device that uses electrical signals to improve the pumping of blood out of the heart
Heart arrhythmia locations
Retrieving location data...