Pediatric disease specialists in Wichita
The pediatric infectious disease specialists within the Wesley Care Physicians network treat children with known or suspected infectious diseases. Our board-certified physicians provide compassionate, personalized plans of high-quality care for your child and family. We are with you every step of the way to provide follow-up visits and care coordination to provide the best treatments for your child’s diagnosis. Your child’s primary care provider may refer you here, or you may follow up here after a hospital stay.
Schedule an appointment with our one of our pediatric infectious disease doctors.
Infectious disease disorders we treat
Our pediatric infectious disease doctors are uniquely skilled in treating the following conditions:
- Acquired immune deficiencies
- Bacteria (e.g., community-acquired MRSA, Lyme disease, syphilis, scrofula, cat scratch fever, Rocky Mountain spotted fever)
- Congenital immune deficiencies
- Fever with rash
- Infections of the skin, bone and joint, heart, lungs, kidneys, and other tissues
- Persistent or recurrent fever
- Viruses (e.g. HSV, CMV, EBV, enteroviruses)
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Infectious disease treatments
We offer highly effective services to treat childhood infections and disorders, including:
- Antibiotic management
- Central nervous system infection management
- Diagnostic work-up of infections
- Post-organ transplantation treatment
- Treatment of infections
- Vaccine recommendations
What to expect at your first visit
Our medical office specialists greet you and check you. They verify that all of your information is correct. A nurse or medical assistant will obtain your child’s height, weight, and vital signs. The nurse will review your child’s medical history with you. Our infectious disease physician will greet you and work with you and the child on a diagnosis and treatment plan.
In many cases, lab work may be required to aid in diagnosis. The staff will assist in making sure this is a smooth process, and your child remains as comfortable as possible. The average length of infectious disease visits is around 30 to 45 minutes.