Pediatric pulmonologists in Wichita
Our pediatric pulmonology clinic within the Wesley Care Physicians network helps children and parents breathe easier by treating patients with known or suspected pulmonary disease. Our pediatric pulmonology physician provides follow-up visits and care coordination to provide the best treatments for your child's diagnosis from newborns through their teenage years. You may be referred to this clinic by your child's primary care provider or may follow up here after a stay in the hospital.
Schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric pulmonologists.
Common pulmonary conditions we treat
Whether it's the lungs, blood vessels or airways, we are highly skilled in treating a wide range of pediatric pulmonary diseases affecting the respiratory tract including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Tracheobronchomalacia (and other airway disorders)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Patients with tracheostomy tubes/ventilators
Pediatric pulmonology diagnostic tests
Our pediatric pulmonologists are skilled at performing the following testing at our hospital:
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy — A procedure where the pediatric pulmonologist uses a thin tube to look at the lungs and air passages
- Pulmonary function testing — A noninvasive test to determine the efficiency of how the lungs are working
What to expect at your first visit
Our team of specialists will greet you and assist in checking you in to confirm your information is correct. Next, a nurse or medical assistant will greet the child and family and show them to the vitals area where they will obtain your child's height, weight, vital signs and then review your child's medical history with you. A pediatric pulmonologist will meet you and work with you and the child on a diagnosis and treatment plan. The average length of pulmonology visits is around 30 to 60 minutes.